CV Insight Limited is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration Number: Z9572392.) in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. CV Insight Limited is committed to the principals of data protection and the protection of the privacy of individuals.
In order to execute our duties it is necessary for CV Insight Limited to collect, store and process individuals’ personal information, including sensitive personal information. This includes information from and relating to, among others, clients, suppliers and individuals on whom we are asked to conduct background checks. CV Insight fully endorses and adheres to the Eight Principles of Data Protection as set out in schedule one of the Data Protection Act 1998. The main purpose of these principles is to protect the interests of the individuals whose personal data is being processed and CV Insight Ltd is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its users by following the principles below:
1. Personal Data shall be fairly and lawfully processed only with your knowledge and consent – CV Insight Limited does not complete any services without the written consent of the individual concerned.
2. CV Insight Limited will collect and process appropriate personal data only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements.
3. CV Insight Limited will not use the personal data for any reason other than that specified in the consent form. We do not sell or release personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
4. CV Insight Limited will ensure the quality and accuracy of the personal data.
5. Personal data will not be kept for any longer than is reasonably required to execute our duties and deal with any disputes or queries. Once the operational or legal requirement to store the data has expired the personal information is destroyed in a secure manner.
6. CV Insight Limited will ensure that the rights of individuals about whom the personal data is held, can be fully exercised under the Act. Reasonable technical and organisational measures shall be taken to prevent the misuse, loss/destruction or damage to personal data.
7. CV Insight Limited will take appropriate security measures to safeguard personal data. We will store all personal information gathered on a secure server that is password and firewall protected. We cannot guarantee the security of data prior to its arrival into our secure system.
8. CV Insight Limited operates services worldwide. Some countries outside the European Economic Area may not have laws regulating the use and transfer of personal data; we will ensure that personal data is not transferred to these countries without suitable safeguards.
Subject Access Requests
CVI is a Data Processor under the Data Protection Act 1998 and has nominated the Compliance Team to be its Data Protection Officer.
The Act means you can obtain a copy of the details held by CV Insight Limited. This is called a Subject Access Request. The request must be made in writing with evidence of your identity and the payment of a fee. At present the fee is £10.00. We must obtain authorization from your prospective employer (the data controller) to release this information.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Please apply in writing to:
CV Insight Ltd
More information about the Data Protection Act can be found at www.dataprotection.gov.uk