Confirm Your Candidates Employment History
Pre-Employment screening is an invaluable part of the recruitment process demonstrating an employer’s due diligence and reducing the risk of damage to your business or reputation caused by the actions of an unsuitable employee.Start Screening
Why Are Employment History Checks Important?
With increased competition in the job market, it is a sad fact that more and more candidates are resorting to dishonesty in an attempt to get the job they desire. As a result, employment history checks have become critical in determining whether a candidate possesses the relevant skills and necessary experience to perform the job.
CV Insight confirms your candidate’s employment history directly from the reference source -human resources, payroll or line management.Start Screening
Start Screening Today
Fast, Accurate & Compliant Employment Background Checks With An Easy-To-Use Online Platform. Book A Free Demo.
"*" indicates required fields
What We Offer
- online flexible solutions tailored to your exact needs
- fast, efficient, concise and unbiased reporting
- UK and International company database to expedite results.
- a dedicated account manager to assist you throughout the process
- a positive, friendly and efficient candidate experience
- highly trained, multilingual, customer-focused team
- immediate notification of any inconsistencies or issues of concern
- compliance with industry requirements and guidelines
Your CV Insight Report Will Include
- unbiased reporting on a candidate’s employment history
- dates of employment, position held, reason for leaving
- cross comparison of candidate information with reference details obtained
- validation of company name and address through public and private data records
- full employment gap analysis
- investigation of self-employment, agency or contracting roles
- investigation of employment with companies no longer trading
When conducting a background check on a prospective employee, it is generally recommended to verify their work history for the past 5 years. This time frame allows you to gain insight into the candidate’s recent employment experience, job stability, and relevant skills. However, the specific period you choose to check can vary depending on the requirements of the position, industry norms, and the employer’s discretion.
Checking a new employee’s work history over a specified period helps verify the accuracy and authenticity of the information provided by the candidate. Employers want to ensure that the candidate’s stated work experience, job titles, dates of employment, Gaps in employment and responsibilities align with the information provided in their CV or job application.
Investigating employment gaps can help employers identify any potential red flags or concerns. For example, a pattern of frequent or unexplained gaps in employment might indicate issues such as job hopping, inability to retain employment, or undisclosed reasons for leaving previous positions.
Candidates may choose to hide a period of unsuccessful employment by not disclosing these roles within their CV.
An additional benefit of our employment history checks is that any anomalies or gaps within a candidate’s employment history can be quickly identified through a full cross comparison of data.
Any discrepancies will be investigated and verified by our expert team safe guarding your business from a potentially unsuitable employee.
You may also like to consider our education and professional verification checks which work in tandem with our employment history checks.
What Our Clients Say
Here's Why Our Clients Love Us
- Named Account Manager To Oversee Every Stage Of The Process
- Same Day Setup, 24/7 Access - View Results In Real Time
- Compliant With All relevant Regulations And Standards
- First-class customer service - Just read our testimonials
- Secure, easy to use online system - fast and accurate, compliant data
- Screening For Both Regulated And Non-Regulated Companies
Tailored To Your Industry
Our Pre-Employment Screening Services
With Employment screening and Background Checks increasingly recognised as an essential part of the recruitment process, companies are no longer questioning whether it is necessary, but instead are asking: Which company can we trust to do our employment screening and background checks for us?